We need you to apply for your police clearance ASAP. The system has changed and it takes much longer to obtain this document.
To obtain your police clearance, please –
- Take your ID to your nearest main police station
- The police will take your fingerprints
- You need to pay R114 in cash and you will receive a receipt as proof of payment
- Please insist on the receipt and if possible ask to take a photo of the fingerprint document (This will help to provide proof that the document has applied for)
- The police will send your fingerprints to criminal records in Pretoria for issuing of Police clearance certificate.
- You will receive an SMS when your fingerprints are received at Pretoria and when your police clearance is complete.
- YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A MESSAGE THAT YOUR POLICE CLEARANCE IS AT YOUR POLICE STATION.
- Please contact your police station after you receive the SMS that it has been issued to check if it has arrived.