What is the Saudi Licencing Exam?
All foreign medical personnel working at hospitals / healthcare facilities within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia are required to register with the Saudi Commission for Health Specialities.
Before you can register with the Commission, you are required to write a Licencing Exam. It is now compulsory to write the exam prior to your visa being issued, and must therefore be written as a matter of urgency.
- The examination costs $239.00 (approx. R4,000.00) and is for your own expense
- You are allowed to write the exam three times in one calendar year, but will have to pay the exam fee each time
- The registration must be done online at least 3 working days before the exam date, and payment must be done by credit card
- There are 100 multiple-choice questions
- After the Exam you will be issued with a Score Report and be told immediately whether or not you have passed – be sure to wait for this, as there is no way to obtain the results page after you leave the testing centre
Where will I write the Exam?
What does the Exam cover?
Please visit the Saudi council website for information regarding the Exam BluePrints (content) and Reference MaterialHealth Specialists (Degrees)Health Technicians (Diplomas)Doctors
What do the Exams look like?
Is there a Practice Exam available?
It is important to prepare yourself for the exam!
Read the question carefully… you should be able to automatically eliminate two of the answers… then the remaining two usually both seem right, but if you read the way the question is phrased, then you can normally figure out which is the most correct… just try relax and remember to breathe!!
Although you are actively working in nursing, the exam content varies greatly and might not be on your chosen speciality (e.g. you might have to answer paediatric questions, even though you have specialised in ICU for several years)… it is best to brush up on all aspects of your Nursing Diploma/Degree course.
Please visit the following websites for Practice Exams:
- RN Speak – Prometric Exam for Nurses 1
- RN Speak – Prometric Exam for Nurses 2
- Nurselabs NCLEX Practice Questions
- ANCC Practice Questions (click on a speciality and look for the “sample test” link under “resources”)
- Nurse Specialist Exam – revision 1
- Nurse Specialist Exam – revision 2
You can also download this reference material: Prometric Exam for Nurses
Remember the Nursing Process!
Please note the above links & booklets were sourced online, and Thymic is not responsible for any incorrect information that might be included in its content
Please read PEARSONVUE EXAM FOR MIDWIVES, which was kindly prepared for us by a Clinical Facilitator in Maternity Dept who wrote the exam… hope this helps
Some of the Nursing links above also have specific sections relating to Midwifery questions.
- Nurselabs Nursing Board Exams (scroll down to Maternal & Child section)
Try these online practice exams for the NPTE (American) exam: